Quality and compliance
We aim to deliver quality in every aspect of our service, from day-to-day project management and survey design, through to fieldwork, analysis, insights and recommendations
We are proud to be members of the pharmaceutical market research governing bodies and the main market research associations listed and follow their guidance on all matters relating to market research codes of conduct, data protection and adverse event reporting.
Rigorous training in research excellence
All our researchers, from graduates to senior managers, participate in a comprehensive, ongoing training and development programme. We run fortnightly lunch-and-learn sessions where employees share their experiences and teach others about new techniques and approaches in market research. Our Qualitative and Quantitative Centres of Excellence, run by senior Directors with expertise in their field, share best practice and nurture innovation.
We take compliance extremely seriously and we have a great confidence in the robustness of our compliance procedures:
- Globally all our offices are BHBIA members and all our staff are BHBIA compliant in Adverse Events and Ethical and Legal Requirements (and EphMRA compliant in Europe)
- Our Compliance Officer continually improves and develops existing procedures, ensuring that all researchers’ training is complete and up-to-date
- All our freelancers globally are trained in AE to a BHBIA standard
- We abide rigorously by client specific requirements
- All our global fieldwork agency partners comply with applicable regulations and self-regulatory codes of practice in the countries in which they operate
- We comply with the professional code of conduct and strict operating standards of a range of widely renowned professional organisations such the Market Research Society, BHBIA, EphMRA and ESOMAR
- All our staff are trained in and updated on our internal policies (anti-bribery and corruption)
Our Staff Handbook provides employees with our expectations and standards relating to business practice and professional ethics. We aim to uphold the highest standards and expect our employees to do the same.
At the end of every project, we invite clients to tell us about their experience via our short, online feedback survey. Results are distributed internally every six months and we use the findings to highlight any areas for improvement. A summary of the findings appears here on our website.
- Our latest awardsDirector Richard Head is joint winner of the 2017 EphMRA President's Award
We are delighted to announce that Research Partnership’s Richard Head is joint winner of the 2017 EphMRA President's Award for his contribution to pharmaceutical market research.read more »Richard Head elected Associate Member to the EphMRA Board
We are pleased to announce that Director Richard Head has been re-elected to the EphMRA Executive Board 2015 following a vote by other Associate Members.read more »
- Our latest newsResearch Partnership launches new patient Living with Atopic Dermatitis (US) 2017 report
Living with Atopic Dermatitis (AD) is a study conducted amongst 100 adults and 50 caregivers in the US. The report will consist of 45-minute quantitative and 30-minute qualitative interviews with AD patients and caregivers. Results will be available to purchase December 2017. The report is intended to help pharmaceutical companies developing products in Atopic Dermatitis to gain a deeper understanding of how patients come to…read more »Research Partnership launches new patient Living with Psoriasis 2017 (EU) report
Living with Psoriasis is a study conducted amongst 615 patients in Europe. The report will consist of 30-minute online interviews with 600 patients and 15 qualitative interviews. It can be purchased as either a 5EU report (sample of 500 patients) or as a 7EU report (sample of 600 patients with the additional countries of Belgium and the Netherlands). It will be available to purchase in…read more »