Complete the form below to watch the webcast.
Throughout 2019 we hosted a series of webinars covering market research innovations which have value in healthcare. In the first part of this series we demonstrate how we’ve been using facial analysis to delve further into respondents’ reactions to healthcare communications.
Does your expression give you away? According to psychologists, a lot of emotional information can be drawn from our facial expressions. Brief, involuntary flashes of emotion or ‘micro-expressions’ can reveal a lot about a person’s true feelings. As market researchers interested in the emotional responses driving people’s attitudes and behaviors, this information is invaluable but can often be difficult to obtain. One of the latest innovations in market research is facial analysis, which uses recognition software to detect a range of emotions in faces.
This webcast, hosted in partnership with emotion measurement company, Affectiva, which has analyzed over 5,000,000 faces and 24,000 adverts to understand how people respond to digital stimulus such as advertisements, websites and smartphone apps. We demonstrate how, over the past several years, we’ve been using facial analysis in both qualitative and quantitative settings to delve further into respondents’ reactions to healthcare communications.
What are the key takeaways?
- The theory: Learn more about the science and technology underpinning facial and emotional analysis.
- Applications in healthcare MRX:
- Discover how we used facial analysis to deliver additional insights in a pharmaceutical setting.
- Key considerations: Find out about the logistical challenges of using this methodology and how to overcome them.
- Looking forwards: Explore future applications of facial analysis including integration with other technologies.